The Kaiserin Friedrich-Haus

The Kaiserin Friedrich-Haus together with the foundation of the same name as its sponsor was built in 1906 in neo-Baroque style with donations from the public to promote further medical training. After the Second World War it was first the seat of the Russian military command and then, until shortly after the fall of the Berlin Wall, the seat of the GDR Academy of Arts.

In the course of reunification, the house was transferred back to the Kaiserin Friedrich-Stiftung in 1992. After modernization and renovation, it serves the medical profession again and thus its original purpose.

The building is conveniently located in Berlin-Mitte, in the immediate neighbourhood of the Charité, and has a historical lecture hall and further event rooms of various sizes where conferences, seminars, courses and meetings take place in a sophisticated ambience. An efficient catering is available in the building.